Things to know about SURGICAL STRIKE by INDIAN ARMY
- Surgical strike is a military attack on a specific target with no or minimal collateral damage to surrounding area and civilians.
- Indian Army carried Surgical Strike across Loc in Pak Occupied Kashmir on wednesday night between mid-night and 4.30 am in order to destroy 7 terror lunch pad located in Bhimbar,Kel,Hotspring,Tattapani,Leepa area.
- Indian Lt.General Ranbir Singh,DGMO claimed that in this well planned attack 30-40 terrorist has been killed by our brave para commandos and there is no casualty from Indian side.
- For the very first time Indian Army took the help of Cartosat 2C Indian made satellite which is used to provide high resolution images of certain areas and the complete mission was monitored by Chief of Army Staff Gen Dalbir Singh himself in the operation room.
- Before this also in 2015,India has carried out Surgical Strike in the jungle of Mayanmar in which 70 Indian Army Commandos killed 38 Naga militants in 40 minutes.This surgical Strike comes in the wake of June 4 2015 attack in Chandela area of Manipur by Naga militants that claimed the lives of 18 Indian soldiers.
- But so far Pakistani media has denied any surgical attack in PoK by Indian Army , however Pakistan is saying that two soldiers died in cross LOC firing by Indian Troops.